Pumpkin seasons are incomplete without pumpkin muffins. Especially in the fall, you crave these muffins for breakfast. They are packed with flavor and nutrition. So, the pumpkin muffins recipe might seem very complicated but you might be wrong, they can be baked instantly.
Moreover, you do not need a lot of ingredients for the muffins. You might ask yourself, is baking easy or just looks harder but with this moist pumpkin muffins recipe you can bake like a pro!
So, let’s bake these healthy muffins by following this simple recipe with affordable ingredients.
Additionally, if you do not want to have plain muffins, you can mix them in chocolate chips, dried fruits, raisins, or nuts according to your taste.
C’mon preheat your oven, and gather your stuff, it’s time to become a good chef and get to baking!
Top 5 Reasons Why You’ll Fall in Love with this Pumpkin Muffin Recipe
We have mentioned some of the perks of having these muffins, that might give you all the more reasons to stop procrastinating and start baking.
The muffins are made with pumpkin which is a very nutritious food and rich in vitamins A & C, fibers, and numerous nutrients as well. Moreover, the whole wheat flour used is great for your gut.
The pumpkin muffins are packed with rich flavors and their softness can bring you warmth. Moreover, the spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger powder bring another level of flavor to the muffins.
Easy to Make
If you have all the ingredients at hand then these muffins are super easy to bake. In no time, you can have a freshly baked batch of muffins for breakfast or even for your guests as well.
You can bring your creativity while baking these muffins by adding raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, cream cheese, or even dried fruits as per your own requirements.
Perfect for Occasions
These muffins are great for any occasion. You can have them for breakfast or serve them to your kids as they are kids’ favorite snacks. They are healthy as well as filling snack for your untimely cravings.
10 Tips to Bake Perfect Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Here are some tips for you to get the benefits of baking pumpkin muffins to the fullest.
- If you are fond of moist muffins, just add an extra egg other than required.
- A little bit of crunch and sweetness can be added through chocolate chips or nuts.
- Brown sugar should be used for more richness in the flavor rather than white granulated sugar.
- If you are a vegan then replace the egg with a flax egg to make it a vegan recipe.
- If you are using a muffin mix or canned pumpkin puree, do check its ingredients to avoid unnecessary sugar or ingredients.
- To avoid hard muffins, try not to overmix the batter muffins.
- The muffin tins should be filled to their brim to get bigger muffins.
- To check if the muffins are cooked evenly insert a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean it means the muffins are perfectly baked.
- Let your muffins cool down on a wire rack before storing otherwise they’ll be soggy and ruined.
- Use the best quality and fresh ingredients for baking which will enhance the flavors.
Pumpkin Muffins Recipe
Here is a comprehensive recipe for baking spiced pumpkin muffins to enlighten your taste buds and fulfill your cravings.
- ⅔ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- 2-4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
Instructions: Step-by-Step Guide to Make Pumpkin Muffins
- Firstly, preheat your baking oven to 350°F.
- Then, grease and line your muffin tin with paper liners.
- Take a larger bowl, pour in your vegetable oil, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, brown sugar, and milk, and mix them till they are well combined. Later add eggs and again combine them by mixing.
- Take another bowl put in all your dry ingredients (whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ginger powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg), and whisk them.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients together and make a thick batter.
- Lastly, fill the muffin tins with the batter to the top and put them in the oven.
Note 1: Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes and insert the toothpick to check if they are baked properly.
Note 2: Let the muffins cool down before serving them to enjoy.
The pumpkin muffin recipe is a great treat to bring you comfort and coziness in the autumn evenings or anytime you crave pumpkin muffins. They have a perfect combination of sweetness and spice through aromatic spices. Moreover, they give your taste palette a sweet surprise with a different and unique flavor.
Give this recipe a try, who knows you might be running your own home baking business after a few years as it provokes an interest in baking for you.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make these muffins ahead of time?
Yes, you can freeze these muffins beforehand. They can be a very time-saving snack, simply freeze them after baking and they can easily last for 3 months. Whenever you feel like having them just thaw them for 30 minutes or as per your requirement and they are as fresh as new.
Can I make these muffins vegan?
You can make these muffins vegan by simply not adding the eggs and replacing them with a flax egg.
What is the best way to store these muffins?
You can store them in an airtight bag or a container at room temperature and they will last for a week. But if you prefer to store them in a freezer, put them in a freezer-safe container and they can be used for three months.
Can I substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour?
Yes, whole wheat flour can be replaced by all-purpose flour but the muffins will have a different flavor and less nutrition.
How to avoid dryness in the muffins?
When you overmix the batter, the muffins turn out to be hard and dry, so try to avoid that. Moreover, if you want moist muffins, add an extra egg for extra softness.
Currently, I am a senior home writer, specializing in reviews of kitchen appliances, cleaning products, mattresses, and craft equipment. Over the years, I’ve reviewed hundreds of products, from air fryers to toasters, and am dedicated to finding the most reliable and best-value products on the market.
My interest in sustainability in the home led me to study sustainable textiles at the University of the Arts London. I have assisted in interpreting what’s green and what’s not. Also, I share easy, natural cleaning hacks.